Monday, June 21, 2010

Dangerously Random

Last week our neighborhood was invaded by venomous creatures. To start with, one day early in the week, our next door neighbor opened the door from her house to the garage to find a rattle snake stretch out right in front of her, IN THE GARAGE!! Ever since then, I have been all paranoid that there will be a snake under my car that will get me while I am loading up the kids! To make my fears even worse, a few days later, a family in our ward dropped by our house to return something and while we were talking at the door the husband, who was in front of my house, saw what he called a lizard run from the side of my house and across the neighbors drive way who had the ratttle snake. He came and asked me if I had a pet lizard that got out and after telling him that we didn't he insisted I come out and see this lizard. I was thinking he was kind of weird because who hasn't seen a lizard around here?? So, I decide to humor him and the kids and I head over to the neighbors driveway. Hiding between a bucket and the wall was the largest most unfriendly looking "lizard" I have ever seen. I instantly felt anxious and informed this guy that I did not know what it was, but it was not a lizard. I figured it must be someone's pet because I had never seen anything like it around here and I have lived in the area my whole life. After that, I went in the house and called another neighbor to ask them to check it out. The husband went out and caught it and let us know it was a Gila Monster. Soon after the neighbor whose house we were at came home and informed us that Gila Monster's are very poisonous!!! All my life, I had no idea they were around here or that they were poisonous. It makes sense that we have them, but I just didn't know. Anyway, we put it in a bucket and called the DWR and I guess they took care of it. After these two incidents I don't even want to let me kids out. I took the below picture of the Gila Monster in case others around here don't know about them, check it out and don't touch it!!!
In other news, in case you didn't know, we are currently in the midst of the World Cup and Alberto is planning our whole life around the games. The other day when Brasil played their first game, Alberto and the kids all wore their shirts and Alberto got out the Brasilian flag and they ate popcorn and drank our favorite Brasilian soda.
During the game the kids were playing and Allie drew the picture below and then took it up to Alberto and said, "Look Dad, a flag." She is only 2 and 1/2!! I think it is pretty impressive. Our kid are brilliant!
I am now 37+ weeks pregnant and I am ready for this baby as soon as she wants to come. I have everything I need, Alberto and I have completed most everything on my nesting list and the kids are asking more and more about when baby Anna is coming. I went to the doctor today, but nothing is happening. I am having a lot of Braxton Hicks, but nothing that lasts. I have been so surprised at how bad I have been at being pregnant this last little while. I really thought carrying one baby would be a breeze, but I decided that pregnant is pregnant once you get to the end. Perhaps I was more uncomfortable, swollen and achy with the twins, but I also had no one else to care for or entertain but myself. I am really glad they came first when I could relax and sleep and watch movies in bed without a second thought. I have been getting increasingly emotional and impatient over the past few weeks. The other day, I broke 4 of my nice dishes and had an emotional break down and the next day broke down again after both kids spilled their morning cereal then I knocked a bunch of stuff off a shelf cleaning it up. The sight of tiny potpourri particles sticking in puddles of cereal and milk was more than I could take at 8:30 am. Aside from those few things though, I am blessed with good health and I really feel fine and my kids are really overall well behaved. It is an exciting time and we can't wait for our new little lady to join us.

3 comments:

Jarred and Angelina said...

I LOVE how your life revolves around "THE WORLD CUP" You are an awesome wife! Can't wait to meet baby Anna!!!!!

sheila said...

I hear you on the getting emotional over nothing part. Hang in there!
I wouldn't let me kids out for a while either! That thing is scary looking.

GO BRAZIL!

Em said...

I didnt realize you were so far along. You are almost done!!! YEAH! Make sure you post pictures when she comes. I am so excited for you hang in there!