Thursday, July 15, 2010

Welcome Baby Anna







Our new baby girl finally made her arrival on July 14th at 7:10 am. I ended up going in for a scheduled c-section as the birth process was just not happening and I was 5 days overdue. The c-section went really well and Anna weighed in at 10 pounds even and 21.5 inches long!! She is one big baby and so beautiful and healthy! We took bets the night before on how big she'd be and Uncle Brad was the closest guessing 10lbs 3oz and 21.5 inches. I thought that was a little extreme, but I was wrong.
Anna has been a dream baby so far. She is eating well and sleeping well. She hardly cries. Allie and Aj love her already and are anxious to take her home. Mommy and Daddy are so proud and happy to have such a wonderful family!

10 comments:

Amy said...

Yay Congrats Sara and family! Big babies must be the new thing, my SIL just had a 10lb. 5oz. baby earlier this week! Hope your feeling well.

sheila said...

Horray! Congrats Sara. That is one big baby girl. So glad you are doing well. Hope the zzzz's come easy for you and Anna.

Em said...

10 lbs wow!! Congrats! I hope you are feeling OK and getting a tiny sleep. She is so cute!

Pressett Family said...

WOW! Congrats! I am so baby hungry now! You have the cutest babies! She is seriously so beautiful! I am glad things went well.
I am so happy for you and your family!

Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh! She is SO precious! Maybe it's my pregnancy hormones, but seeing your pictures made me a little teary. Sooo happy for you and your family. I guess we will see you in a few days!

Waltonians said...

Congrats! What a wonderful blessing. :) You got me beat...my little toad was 21 inches long and 9 lbs 12 ounces...but he was one week early.
Hope you have lots of helpers so that you can get plenty of rest after your c-section. Remember no lifting anything heavier than Anna for at least 6 weeks...I wish you speedy healing.

Summer Navarrete said...

She is so beautiful. I loved my big babies because they were strong and could eat! Congratulations and I hope you are doing well.

Whitney Parry said...

Congrats Sara!!! I'm so excited for your new addition! Welcome to the world Anna!:)

Tiff and Shay Family said...

She is adorable!! Congratulations!! So happy she finally came!! Glad all is well too!! Those pics make me really ready for our babies to come!! Hopefully next week!! Take care!!

Marcie said...

Congrats! Wow 10lbs! SHe is beautiful!