Saturday, November 19, 2011

Summer and Fall in Review

I am frustrated with myself that I have missed blogging two whole seasons of this year. So in an effort to catch up, I am posting a whole bunch in one big post.
4th of July:
Hurricane Parade with friends and neighbors


Swimming and BBQ and Nana and Papa's


Fireworks at Dixie State College with family and friends


Anna's 1st Birthday:
I made Anna a caterpillar cake for no particular reason except that I thought it would be cute and colorful and it was. She loves playing in the water so we decided to have a party at my parents with sprinklers, kid pools and squirt guns. We also had a bbq, cake and ice cream and opened gifts. It was fun as ever to be with friends and family for her special day.






Dance:
Allie took an 8 week dance class at the community center this summer. She liked it so much that we signed her up for an actual dance class. She goes with her friend Ayla and is loving it.


Preschool:
In August Allie and AJ started preschool. I was not going to start them yet since they have another year until Kindergarten, but I decided to because most of their friends were doing it and they loved Joy School so much. Now that they have been going for a few months, I am really glad I didn't wait. They love it and look forward to going each time. They have learned lots of things such as coloring in the lines, the pledge of alligence, nursery rhymes and all the letter sounds.

Camping:
In September we went camping with our good friends and neighbors the Dominguez's. We had a great time in Pine Valley. The weather was perfect, aside from a bit of rain, and the kids had a blast.

Other activities:
Pine Valley picnic.

Outside movies-a few times this summer we projected movies on our neighbors house for the kids. It was a super fun way to enjoy the awesome summer nightsLots of water activities-splash pads, sprinklers, swimming and squirt guns.




At the end of September every year we go to Swiss Days in Santa Clara. My mom works very hard on Swiss Days all year as part of her job so we have made it a tradition to be there to enjoy the event and support her. A few highlights for the kids were eating breakfast at the parade, seeing Ariel and Eric from the Little Mermaid and AJ shooting a black powder rifle during the parade.
.





SLC-During the first weekend of October we decided to go up north to do some business at the Brazilian consulate, visit Alberto's mom and have some fun as a family. Our first night there we decided to go visit our friends Fernando and Heila. It was an awesome night so we took the kids out back to play. AJ was zooming around on a tricycle and took a corner without looking. He crashed and busted out one of his teeth, loosened 3 or 4 other ones and banged up his chin. It was a frightening bloody mess. He was borderline hysterical, as was I. We ended up in the emergency room afraid of the thought of him loosing all his front bottom teeth. It turned out to be ok. He had to see the dentist when we got home and have the rest of his tooth extracted because it broke off leaving the root shattered inside his gums. It was all very traumatic, but AJ is a brave boy and handled it all like a champ. The rest of our weekend was really fun. We took the kids to Gardner Village to see the Halloween witches, ate at some of our favorite places and hung out with Uncle Wes, Cecilia and Dale.















Alberto's birthday-Alberto turned 30 in October so I decided to through him a last minute surprise party. I did it more than a week before his birthday so he had no idea. It ended up being pretty fun. He was surprised and we had a great turn out. We hope daddy enjoys his 30's.

Deer Hunt-as tradition, we went camping with my family for the opening weekend of the deer hunt. My parents always work out a way for us to have a trailer, which is really nice with the kids. The first night as we began to get ready for bed Anna got super fussy. I kept trying to convince myself she was just tired, but I had a nagging feeling that it was an ear infection. It was nearly impossible to get her to sleep and once we did she kept waking up. After what felt like the millionth time waking up, Alberto and I decided to drive down to my parents house for the night and take her to instacare in the morning. Sure enough she had an ear infection. She was a brave girl and still enjoyed the rest of the weekend. Allie and AJ LOVE to camp and had the best time exploring, playing, eating and roughing it.





Halloween-All the kids dressed up as pirates this year. They were SO CUTE! Nana made them each an awesome vest and I made the girls some crazy tutu's so they could be pirate princesses. In addition to Halloween night we had a neighborhood party and the kids dressed up for a preschool party. It was fun for them to get to wear their costumes more than once. On Halloween night our neighbors the Johnston's ended up in Santa Clara so they came trick or treating with us. That made it super fun for AJ and Allie.






0 comments: