Thursday, April 14, 2011

9-Months




Today Anna is 9-Months! We decided to knock out her well visit while we were getting her rash checked on Monday. She weighed in at a little over 19 lbs (60%tile) and she is 28.5 inches (82%tile), so while she is still a big girl, she has slowed down a bit. I guess it is a combination of her hair and long body, but most people think she is a year old already. I even had an old lady ask me if she was 18 months and then a few weeks later a different old lady asked me if she was 2 years old. Both women were astonished when I told them she was only 8-months. I guess you really do forget what it is like the older you get.

The great news is that Anna's crazy rash is almost all the way gone. I am so happy she did not have to deal with that for 4 weeks! In addition:
Anna is a crawling machine. She goes all over the house-in and out of all the rooms. My favorite thing is when I am vacuuming she follows me into each room and then sits in the middle and watches me vacuum. The twins used to do this as well.
She can pull herself up on all sorts of stuff and from time to time will let go and balance for several seconds. The other day at the park she kept crawling up to my lap, pushing herself up and standing all by herself.
Her favorite things to say now are "AHH BOO!", "Boo-boo-boo", "OU" (like ouch without the "ch"). She also says mum, mama, dada, nana, baba (but I don't think she means any of it yet). She also growls and makes all sorts of deep throaty sounds.
She is starting to wave "bye-bye".
She L-O-V-E-S me. She wants me to hold her constantly. Since she has had this whole rash thing, she has been super cuddly and will lay her head on my shoulder and hug me. It is really sweet.
She is starting to have some anxiety around people she is not used to and will occasionally cry if someone looks at her the wrong way, but only occasionally.
She loves to eat and is happiest right after a good meal. She always wants the snacks that the big kids are eating. Right now she loves graham crackers and will get all excited and grabby when she sees them.
Still loves a good bath, sleeps great when she feels good and loves her brother and sister.

Allie and AJ are good too. They are getting so mouthy. I never anticipated back talking, but they have both mastered that.
Lately they live to ride bikes with their friends.



Brad pointed out to me the other night how well they articulate their thoughts. It is amazing that they can put together such complex sentences and express themselves so well.
Tonight Allie was brushing my hair and told me I looked like a beautiful horse.
Lately when given a choice like, "AJ do you want Life cereal or Chex?" He will say, "Lets go with Life." I think he must of picked up that phrase, "Lets go with..." from my dad.
AJ also likes to say, "Tear it up!" Alberto always tells him to "Tear it up" when he is doing stuff so now AJ will tell others to "Tear it up!" or he will ask, "Dad, did I tear it up?"
Allie talks and talks and talks lately. She will tell these crazy stories and likes to ask "Why" A LOT. She also copies what we say. Tonight she was playing a little game on the ipod and when it told her she earned a sticker she said, "What the hell?" Alberto and I were busting up (bad parenting, I know) then once we composed ourselves we talked to her about how that is not a nice thing to say.
Anna just loves playing with Allie and AJ and wants to be in on everything they are doing and they love her too, but often times they get really annoyed with her knocking there stuff down or ripping their papers. I think it is a good lesson for them in patience.

2 comments:

Pressett Family said...

That is good that Anna's rash is almost gone. She does look a lot older to me too. Your kids are cute and growing like crazy.

Adam and Sarah said...

I just love all your pics. The helmet pics of the twins are my favorite. "Tear it up" definitely sounds like something Alberto would teach the kiddos...