Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Anna at 11-Months





Anna is 11-months old today! The changes in Anna this month have been so dramatic to me. I look at her face and I can see her changing. When I see her laying in her crib, I can't believe how big she looks. Her personality is coming out more and more. She is one funny, beautiful and lovable baby. This is what has happened in the past month:
1. First and foremost, Anna is officially walking. The first day she really started taking steps on her own was so funny because she couldn't stop trying. She was so determined and excited. She would get up take a few steps, fall and get right back up. She did this until I finally put her down for a nap.
2. She is still primarily nursing, but I have began to give her a little milk in a sippy in an effort to begin weaning her. She really likes it and I feel like I will be able to completely wean her at anytime.
3. She has 7 teeth and at least 3 more coming in right now.
4. She is "talking" so much more. Some of her usual sounds/words are: Mama, Dada, Mom, Dad, Nana, Papa, Aw-yee (Allie), Hi. She makes several other sounds and we are pretty sure she has also said a few other things, but not consistently.
5. LOVES food! This girl can eat. She loves nearly everything I feed her, as long as she can do it herself. She does not want me to feed her. The only things she doesn't like right now are plain bread and eggs.
6. She LOVES to play with the kids. She always wants to be right where they are and in the middle of whatever game they are playing whether it is just Allie and AJ or the whole neighborhood.
7. She is practically fearless. The other day we were at the lake and she would just crawl right into the water and not even react to the cold. If we took her out she'd spazz out.
8. She climbs on everything: Chairs, the dishwasher, dryer, low tables or benches, steps. She can even climb the ladder to the slide and the actual slide.
9. She is constantly smiling and laughing. She has the best fake laugh too.
10. She is really good at throwing things. She loves to throw balls and toys. When she gets really frustrated with a toy she will throw it and do a little scream/growl.
11. She gives kisses. Its the cutest thing because she says, "mmm" and is just learning to close her mouth so you don't get all slobbery.
12. She loves to wave "Hi" and "Bye".

1 comments:

Tara said...

Anna is the cutest girl. Love her!